Monday, September 23, 2013

Sources of Citation Knowledge


I took an AP English class in high school, so I had a basic idea of how to cite sources but I didn’t know there were different citation formats until my first English class at WSU. Most of my university honors classes also required MLA citation, which helped me to learn MLA style through repeated practice. There was not much of a learning curve for me because I already knew the basics of citing sources. When I took English 2010 with Professor Pollett, I bought a small, but thick reference guide on citation styles for any source. When I come across a new source format, or if I feel like I just need a refresher on the subject, I always go back to that book. Like others have written here on the blog, I can’t pinpoint the exact moment I learned how to cite my sources properly. My knowledge of source documentation was built gradually over the years by my elementary and junior high teachers, and was additionally clarified once I entered high school and university.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home