Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weren't Taught Much, and the Little We Were Told I Forgot About

I wish I had more to say on this one, but I really don't remember any of the citation myths I may have been taught. The only thing I can say is that it never was given any significant amount of attention in grade school and high school. We were taught, from a young age, to be scrupulous about quoting our sources properly in the text so as to avoid plagiarism. Especially in St. Joe's High, we took the time to discuss at length the unethical nature of plagiarism. However, I never knew there was so much to citation until college, and especially until this semester; and so many schools of thought as well as very specific rules. I find that it makes good sense for each system to be so strict and formal, though, and it's something that I appreciate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home