Friday, September 24, 2010

Late Start

I am a little behind on my posts. Specifically, I've not written about my first week tutoring because the Labor Day holiday put me a week behind. Once I was finally in the Writing Center, I made not scaring the tutees one of my top priorities. For the most part, my efforts were successful. In one instance, it just didn't work out.

Lab Aide: Buck will be your tutor.
Tutee: (Looks at Buck and gets all Manga-eyed and trembly)
Buck: (Guides tutee to table, introduces himself. Tutee reciprocates) I've been told that I'm intimidating.
Tutee: (With quivering voice) I'm not intimidated.
Buck: That's excellent, because I'm not intimidating. I'm so not intimidating that country music makes me cry.
Tutee: (Laughs hysterical seizure-like laugh) I'm not intimidated.
Buck: Okay. Let's look at your paper then.

Besides that one sad incident, my other tutees have been satisfied, much to my satisfaction.

Buck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home