Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Satellite TV

I had grand Thanksgiving plans that have dwindled down a bit, but things should still be nice. I originally had my sister, her husband, my mom, my cousin, his wife, her brother, and my other cousin coming to my house. My cousins decided to go home to California for Thanksgiving, so it will now just be my family, my mom, my sister, and her husband. This will be fun. You never know how my mom will behave, but we are crossing our fingers that she will take her medication. Things have been good since she has been taking it. Or, she could decide to go off of it and then become offended and refuse to speak to me for three years because I will not divorce my husband and marry one of my high school boyfriends that she likes better. You never know.

As far as comfort, the day will be nice because I will be in my own kitchen. I am cooking the turkey and several sides, while my mom and sister are bringing ham, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and rolls. I'm personally looking forward to the marshmallow-covered yams. They are the only reason I enjoy eating Thanksgiving dinner. The rest I could do without. Well, except for maybe the triptophan.

My sister and her husband are going to bring their Wii, which I have never played. My four-year-old daughter Olivia is looking forward to this because she gets to play it at her cousin's house and has been begging us to get her one. My husband is a CPA and does not see the point in spending money on a video game system. I tend to agree with him on this, but I really wish I could talk him into getting satellite TV. The Miss America pageant is coming up in January and only airs on TLC. I would like to watch it from the comfort of my own couch instead of begging a friend to invite me over.

Satellite TV would have come in handy last Saturday when BYU was spanked by Utah. We watched the game at my in-laws' house. My mother-in-law forced my father-in-law to invite my brother-in-law, who is a Utah fan. He did so much smack talking that I had to remind him that he did not graduate from the U (or any college for that matter) and that until he does, he has no right to cheer for them. (Rude, I know, but it was all the ammunition I had). I threw a few pillows at him and by the end of the night I refused to speak to him. As a BYU graduate, I wanted to watch my team lose in peace. That did not happen. That is why we need satellite TV.

Then again, what time would I have to watch all of the many channels on satellite TV with the two papers, annotated bibliography, and math survey analysis that are due on Monday. Is there an end in sight? I think after Monday I will be able to answer that question if I am still alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home