Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Could Write a Novel

Okay, so I could tell quite a story about Thanksgiving, but I won't because of various reasons. But if you want to know what I'm doing I'm heading out to Tooele and eating dinner with my in-laws. It should be fun. I hope. We didn't realize that's where we would be until last night. My husband called me, excited that his mom had offered to let us come out. Before that our plans varied from visiting my brother, my uncle and family in Salt Lake, visiting my husband's boss, visiting my co-worker, visiting my boss, etc. We had plenty of invitations, but we were holding out hope that the golden invitation would come through.

We originally thought about going out tonight, but I don't get off work until late tonight and there are still pies and rolls to be made! So we're heading out tomorrow. There's a chance we might go see a movie tomorrow and a chance we might come back into Salt Lake to visit my grandma who is visiting from Las Vegas. Our plans are flexible.

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that seems to be a good time to get family together. That's my favorite part, although I have spent quite a few Thanksgivings since I've moved away from home at other people's homes instead of my own. I think the worst part about spending Thanksgiving with someone else's family is you miss out on your own traditional foods. But that's okay, because you also get to try other people's traditional foods. Chocolate Chip pie is still my favorite Thanksgiving food.

In the end, I'm just glad someone else is making the turkey this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home