Monday, December 03, 2007

Lalalala

Dear Future Tutor,
This letter will be brief as I have finals to study and write for and Elementary Public Health starts in 27 minutes.
Upon becoming a tutor for the Writing Center, I found myself quite nervous to actually tutor (refer to first blog entry.) I was nervous that I didn't know enough and that I would have many sessions where the tutee was actually thinking "Gees, this person knows less than me." And while there were a time or two where I goofed and the tutee had to ask for clarity, it wasn't the end of the world. The tutee didn't think any less of the Writing Center and Claire did not suggest that I needed to be tutored, not tutoring. Remember, future tutor, that you ARE human and, whether you believe it now or not, your tutees will understand that.
Another piece of advice: Start your Bibliographic essay EARLY!!! I read the prior tutor's remarks on needing to start early on the essay and I ignored them. If you want to sleep at the end of the semester, I would suggest starting right now.
Other than that, you will love the class and working at the Writing Center.
Well, future student, I must be off as class is readily approaching and I have yet to review the presentation that I might be giving today (Don't you love the vagueness of some professors?) So, ta-ta for now!
Sincerely,
Katy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home