Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's All Unknown Unknown To Me

I've been thinking about writing and learning to write (big surprize since it is what our class is about) and reading some of your bloggets, and I wonder what you are all really thinking. I'm not sure if what I have written has come across as arrogance about writing or if it is just trash that you think that I think is good, or if you like what I have written even though I'm full of hot air and have little experience writing? I think that some of you have written some things that have been very funny and entertaining and that put me to shame. But that provides me some good reading and you can learn how wonderful you are by reading my bloggets.

I can only think about writing so much before I feel like I am going to explode. My hair will stand on end like I touched an electrical socket, my arms flailing, I'll run screaming and never be seen or heard from again. Maybe that is improbable but I am tired of writing about writing. It's like thinking about thinking. You can only do so much of it before nothing makes any sense any more; all things run into each other never to be identified again. Too many judgements and not enough food. It can't be that hard to see the simplicity of something and accept it for what it is. Are we all doomed to find ourselves in a cave (like "Dead Poet Society" people) talking about writing when we are 90 years old (some of us a little older) and still looking for answers to our writing questions? "Back in 2005 a Comma Splice was a broken sentence, but what is a Comma Splice now?" The evolution of writing... will it ever end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home