Friday, September 30, 2005

Oh My Gosh! This has just been the greatest day ever! I slept through my History class-which really isn't that bad- I was just a little bit late for work, then I get this guy who has no idea what plagiarism is, so explaining to him how and what to do with paraphrasing was difficult. But the session dragged on, and I guess-by another’s observation-my tutee had gone away somewhere. I then got so sweetly 'critiqued' on how to know when to stop the tutoring session.
I know we discuss in our meetings and in class how to watch and notice these signs of boredom, but people slip up. In Friday’s session though I tutored another student and I watched her body language, eye contact, everything. She stopped to ask questions more than I did. I posed a question or two, and she answered without hesitation, clearly. Oh! If only other students could be like her. I didn’t fix her grammatical errors, but only showed her where they were. Her essay was, by far, the best I have seen this semester. She had great intro., fabulous thesis, great body proving her thesis, and a great conclusion tying back to her intro and thesis.
Her argument was touchy with cloning but she used her references lovely and didn’t take a soap box stand on it. Brilliant!


I thinkKirsten is also Brilliant! She says exactly what I feel all the time, although I haven't read any of y'alls blogs. Writing about writing is more difficult than thinking about thinking. I think to think about thinking becuase I do get confused and think i'm standing my elbow and looking at everythink with my foot. Maybe by getting confused you might be able to write about something... I don't know. It's all unknown!

I just wanna give a shout to my momma for....stuff and thank Claire for checking up on my paycheck error...dealies. Homer is not as cool as Brian. And what I have to say about that.

Then I feel kinda bad, because Kyle was the only one to notice and mention that something seemed to be bothering me and I told him to just forget about it. I didn't wanna talk about it because I still a little emotional -and what female isn't- and didn't wanna break down. I'd rather come off as a 'bad-word' than to seem like a sissy, even though I am a sissy-girl.

And on completely different note, that should not be taken seriously, I have homework for sale. Anyone can jump in and offer to take it off my hands; I let ya! You don't even have to pay, it's all free. *sigh* anyway, I'm done complaining for now. If any of you guys read this, well, haha.

hypocrisy is a sin and I am learning from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home