Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Still Laughing about the Unspeakable...

I could listen to this song, A Whiter Shade of Pale, on Sarah Brightman's CD, La Luna, for the rest of my life. It's one of those songs that gives me a happy feeling that tells me I am doing just fine and everything in my life is going to be just fine. My worries leave my mind and I float into the music where I remember the known known, the unknown known, and the unknown unknown are all there waiting for me to invision them. I see them in big, lower case block letters floating around in front of me where we can stare at each other. I can look at them and see "known known" just being known. The "known unknown" is there somehow floating but I don't know how or why, the "unknown unknown" is what they are all about combined. The way I see it one cannot be without the other of these three unless I knew everything about everything.

I think the thought of consciousness in writing is knowing you want to say something in a way that isn't too "powerful" for words. And sometimes what we know and don't know goes well with music. You know, like lyrics to a song sometimes help us move an unknown unknown into a known unknown and/or a known unknown into a known known. Follow me? I think it is neccessary to use all the different ways to communicate for the right reasons at the right time. It's like being in the right place at the right time for something important to fall into place. That important thing in writing begining with a known known and leaving the unknown, unknown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home