Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Semester So Far

So far my semester is going well. Okay, I find myself reminding myself that it isn't perfect, but I'm not even sure what a perfect semester looks like. I have had some fantastic tutoring sessions. Today I had one that I felt really good about. The tutee asked me if I could guarantee that she would get an A. I tried to laugh, but I think she was serious! I told her that I couldn't guarantee it, but her paper was very strong. I have struggled more with the technicalities of the Writing Center than I have with helping students write strong papers. This is not a reflection on the Writing Center staff, but rather a reflection on my own expectations of myself. It would be wrong of me to lower my expectations of myself. The answer for me is to increase my efforts to meet my expectations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home