Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hallowed Evening Planning

I'm going to stay at home.

Elaboration to come later. SRSLY.

Generally speaking, my Halloween traditions have been non-existent, so they've been consistently inconsistent throughout the years. When I was younger and more naïve, I alone of the family had stood vigil at the door till midnight with a variety of leftover candy. After doing that for a few years, I realized that there were far fewer people appearing far less often than I would've hoped for. This left me with plenty of extraneous candy regardless of how freely I distributed it. This doesn't mention the fact that I often spent the last two hours doing nothing.

I'm not quite sure when the next change took place, but after a while I just stopped caring. At first, I attempted to shut myself off from the world which didn't work very well since I had failed to account for the glow of the computer screen. Nothing ill occurred on such a date, but I did get plenty of people knocking on my door, at least plenty as far as a hermit would be concerned. With careful planning and application of masking tape, I can hide my electronic presence on even the brightest computer screen. Like most Americans of late, I too have evaded tradition on the basis of wanting to keep to myself. When I reflect on such, I often wonder whether I'm robbing future generations of the joy and pleasure of trick-or-treating with my callousness on a night of such fond childhood memories. I then go off on a fairly predictable tangent from there which I'd rather not discuss.

In any event, at some point when I acquired friends (gasp!) I was invited to their Halloween festivities. During such period we'd do...well, more or less normally what we'd do. That was play D&D/MTG for the most part while the host's parents did the trick-or-treating routine. Later as we "evolved" the games would change, the people would change, and it became more of a movie night than a time of gaming, though we still do so from time to time.

But since I work Wednesday nights, and with my friends...uh...unaccounted for, to put it briefly, my Halloween plans aren't really there.

Okay, well, since I have about 180 more words to fill, I suppose I'll just fill it with more or less random gibberish. I remember when I was younger during Halloween I once dressed up as a military soldier, a mummy, and a pirate. The last two didn't go so well. I'm not quite sure what possessed me to try and wrap myself in toilet paper, but that was an embarrassing night. I remember once we had the cheap "spiderweb" decoration from a store and I tried applying it, but it ended up looking like wool stuck onto my outdoor bush, which was hilarious I suppose, and kinda stupid since no one was at home to hand out treats, anyway. The kind of bags I loved for Halloween were those pumpkin decoration bags, especially the jack-o-lantern bags since you could "hide" your laziness at taking out the bagged leaves as Halloween decorations. You get both for the price of one, what's to lose?

BTW, Rachel. What's the fun in only having one? Ooh, that rhymed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

/laugh evilly

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh...what about Ceiling Cat? You have to admit...Ceiling Cat's a rival power to your hair-brained-monkeys-of-doom-wateva.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home