Friday, September 19, 2008

Retraction Regarding the Post of September 12, 2009

There has been some controversy over my last post. I named a tutor with whom I had a friendly argument over comma placement in a paper I wrote. In my post I made the Michael seem very...what's the word...dogmatically assertive than perhaps he truly was. He was very deliberate in explaining the rule to me, and further, why it applied in this specific instance. Though when I tried to debate with him on this rule he did claim it was not debatable, he was very effective in his persuasion and not at all blindly obstinate.

Ergo, I apologize for misrepresenting Michael as a tutor, and offer my utmost respect to him as an explainer of stupid grammar rules.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Rogers said...

Make sure you don't tell "Michael" (if that is his real name) about your several references to this alleged debate in your reading responses and tutor observations.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home